Has cabin fever set in yet this winter?
It certainly has here in the Cosm. My daughter and I have come to the conclusion that we have a Cold/Snow Allergy. Self prescribed with the help of Dr. Google, of course. We thrive better in the warmer weather when we can get outdoors without our eyeballs freezing. Needless to say, when invited to try out an indoor adventure advertised as water fun and 84 degrees, we were quick to accept.
CoCo Key Water Park in Danvers, MA is more than 65,000 feet of indoor water amusement with a wide variety of rides and play areas perfect for kids ages 2-12 years. It is attached to the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore and has restaurants and an arcade all under one roof.
If you are within comfortable driving distance, you could definitely make do with a day pass, but I recommend staying over for the night, as we did. The Family Rooms have a separate kids' section that offers 2 small kids' beds and a TV of their own. My kids were loving it.
As were we. Typically when staying in a hotel, we get a room with two double beds and end up in some combination of 2 people in each. Not this time. My husband and I had a king bed all to ourselves. Pretty sweet.
CoCo Key Water Park and DoubleTree offer some great package deals that allow you access to the park the night you check in through the day you check out. It's not much more than the typical cost of a room - very much worth it. Oh, and there is a Starbucks in the lobby. Which you know was one of my favorite amenities;-)
It was still winter outside when we had to leave, but sure was nice to wear bathing suits and hang out in 84 degrees for a short while. Gives me hope that summer will be here again. Someday.
Planning a trip to CoCo Key Water Park?
- If staying in one of the Family Rooms, know that they are on the second floor and there is no elevator, just a narrow set of stairs. Plan accordingly with your luggage and/or stroller.
- Definitely play the roller coaster "game" in the arcade... we tried it out about a dozen times. Fun.
- Order the lobster mac & cheese. It's worth it. Really, really.
- Don't go into the inner water area with your cell phone (or camera) unless you have a water proof case. Trust me.
- Check to see if anything else is going on at the hotel during your stay. It was CR-AZY with a dance competition while we were there - therefore, lines were longer and staff was a bit maxed out. If that makes you tense, choose a quieter time.
Disclaimer: This is not a compensated post. We were offered a free Stay & Play package and expenses were covered in hopes that we would have a fabulous time and share it with you... as we did.